Behind San Mig Coffee Mixers head coach Tim Cone are deputies who, like him, have come from good champion stock. This is why it is no surprise that they have won back-to-back PBA titles, the last one being the Philippine Cup against the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters. Let us get to know Cone’s coaching staff.
- Jeffrey Cariaso – the 1995 Rookie of the Year and ten-time All-Star was part of the Alaska grand slam squad which was coached by Cone. He also won championships with Talk ‘N Text and Coca-Cola.
- Johnny Abarrientos – the Flying A was a winner wherever he went. One of the league’s 25 Greatest Players of All Time, he was the MVP in Alaska’s grand slam season in 1996.
- Richard del Rosario – he may be just a role player in the pros, but he won titles with the De La Salle Green Archers in 1989 and 1990. The part-time on-cam talent was once the head coach of the Saint Benilde Blazers and also had coaching stints at the PBA D-League.
- Olsen Racela – he might be more known as a San Miguel Beerman, but he was actually drafted by the Purefoods franchise in 1993. And as with the other assistant coaches, he garnered numerous accolades in his career.
- Alvin Patrimonio – Barangay Ginebra needed a rare visit from Robert Jaworski to fire the Kings up in the semis, but the Mixers are privileged with the presence of their four-time MVP every playdate. He may not be active anymore, but he is still one of the most recognizable faces on the San Mig bench.